Sunday 14 September 2014

'We're all mad in here'

Its finally here, my last year of university at CCAD which means one thing...final major project. 

After loads of hair tugging moments, tantrums and the feeling of absolute failure i finally came up with 'We're all mad in here'. Alice in wonderland fans will recognize this quote from the book and this is one of the things that got the ball rolling. 

explanation 

Everything we see with our eyes each day can be very familiar to us or new, But what about when we close our eyes? Even though technically our eyes have a barrier our brain still creates imagination through dreaming which allows us to experience a range of sounds, sensations and sometimes scenarios that in real life would never happen. These are the experiences I will focus my concept around, I want to focus on a world where everything is so familiar yet so muddled and disorientated at the same time.
I intend to keep a diary of dreams i have and note down what objects, sensations and scenarios that happen. I don't know about anyone else but from a young age i have had some very odd dreams, i think i just always wanted to be Alice!
this will hopefully be very diverse and give me an individual approach to my final major project. 
  




This is my concept board/book i thought it would be a good idea to super glue the two boards together with hinges to make it look like a book, more imaginative than just a board. I also tried to make it more dimensional by using little wooden pegs to hold images, sticks, ribbon anything i could get my hands on. 

main Inspirations for my concept
  • Alice in wonderland
  • Freuds theory of the uncanny 
  • surrealism movements (Dada)
  • Sandra diekman, www.sandradieckmann.com
  • Conor culver,www.conorculver.com


Next i will move onto presenting my colour scheme on boards, but this time i don't want to use typical mount board. So i will rattle my creative brain to find some other way...


No comments:

Post a Comment